Jobs & Careers
Latest Uniliver Kenya Jobs
Unilever – On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
Assistant Supply Chain Manager-Third Party Manufacturing
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Assistant Supply Chain Manager – Third Party Manufacturing, as a member of the Supply Chain 3rd party management cell for Africa, is responsible for combining supply chain, technology, manufacturing, and product knowledge with financial acumen to develop and execute a third party manufacturing strategy for East Africa. The strategy developed will move Africa beyond using 3PM’s for tactical purposes, leveraging 3PM’s to create competitive advantage through optimizing gross margins, improving service levels, and driving incremental growth opportunities through innovation capability and speed.
- Support the development of and execution of the cross category 3PM strategy for East Africa.
- Lead and project manage capability trials and technology build at 3PM’s related to innovation, outsourcing, and savings initiatives including project planning, in partnership with appropriate functional stakeholders (technology, R&D, local)
- Enable information management and cost-opportunity decision making for E2E SC analysis. Partner with procurement to perform make/buy analysis, develop 3PM supplier segmentation model aligned with business needs, maintain trusted supplier list, and build/maintain relationships with strategic 3PM partners
- Monitor and improve 3PM performance management including cost, quality, safety and service. Specifically partner with finance and procurement to ensure proper cost controls in place around stock management and purchase price variance
- Drive improvement opportunities via partnership with 3PM’s on manufacturing losses, cost-technology-product-material benefits, drive gross margin improvement program for all categories related to 3PM sourcing opportunities
- Act as non-commercial relationship lead with 3PM’s, interface between 3PM and functional UL support
- Business partner functional stakeholders (BD, R&D, etc) for Home care, Personal care and Foods and Refreshments as related to 3PM sourcing activity in East Africa
Work with Trio team on buy/deploy innovation opportunities in East Africa
Manage long term capacity as related to 3PM’s, feed into overall SC LTCP for the category
- A Technical Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+years’ experience in Supply Chain, Technology, Engineering, Research &Development processing or Manufacturing role
- Proven experience in technology evaluation and delivering to business needs
- Excellent understanding of an integrated supply chain network.
- Excellent understanding of financial drivers, including make or buy analysis and decision making
- Strong Customer Service orientation
- In-depth project management skills
- In depth understanding of SAP and cost centre links
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply