How to Revise KUCCPS University Courses 2019
KUCCPS: How to Revise University Courses 2019
- To apply, login to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and KCSE Year. Use your Birth Certificate Number/KCPE Index Number as the Password.
- All programmes have minimum subject requirements. You will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection will be determined by the overall performance and the available capacity.
- You may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab.
- As you select the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the Course Basket. This will enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final list of courses to apply for.
- Once you have settled on your preferred courses, you will only be required to enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, use the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- After confirming that the Programme Codes entered are for the courses you would like to apply for, please submit and follow the application fee payment instructions.
- An application processing fee is charged as follows:
- Students applying for the first time – Ksh 1,500
- Students revising their choices submitted in school – Ksh1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses.
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely. It will be required before you make any subsequent changes to your application.
How to Pay
- Go to your Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820201
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.
The Board of the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service held its 28th meeting on 17th January, 2018 to discuss the 2018/2019 placement of Government-sponsored students to Universities and Colleges.
After considering the analysis of the 2017 KCSE Examination Results together with the maximum available capacities in Kenyan Universities and Colleges, the Board resolved that:
All 2017 KCSE candidates who scored a minimum aggregate grade of C+ of 46 points shall be eligible for placement to both public and private universities to pursue degree courses under Government sponsorship.
All candidates who scored a minimum mean grade of C – of 32 points shall be eligible for placement to pursue diploma courses offered in tertiary institutions.
All candidates who scored a mean grade of D of 18 points and above shall be eligible for placement to craft certificate courses offered in tertiary institutions.
Towards this end, the Placement Service will open its online application system for applicants to revise their choices on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 00.00 hours and close on February 14, 2018 at 24.00 hours.
Those who did not submit their applications through their schools may use this opportunity to apply for degree, diploma or certificate courses of their choice as Government supported students.
The application procedure and other relevant guiding information may be accessed through the Placement Service website www.kuccps.ac.ke.
Candidates who sat for their KCSE examination earlier than 2017 are only eligible for placement to Diploma and Certificate courses.
The Board further noted that in addition to the placement to degree, diploma and certificate courses mentioned in 1, 2 and 3, above, there are several opportunities in the technical training and vocational training centres that could absorb those who scored D- to train in Artisan courses and those who scored E to train in the National Vocational Certificates Courses.
There are therefore enough opportunities for all our youth who completed their KCSE examination in 2017, regardless of their results.
John M. Muraguri
Chief Executive Officer