How to Withdraw Money from KCB to Mpesa
How to Withdraw Money from KCB to Mpesa
KCB M-benki is a virtual account that that is opened and solely operated through the mobile phone. It targets the unbanked population and offers customers not only an account but also a means of interacting with the bank through KCB Mobi.
KCB Mobi is a robust and innovative mobile banking platform which can be accessed through 2 channels:
- USSD Code *522#
- The KCB App- Available from all stores (Google, Blackberry, Apple and Windows store)
- Benefits of Mobile Banking
- How to purchase Airtime through KCB via (*522#)
- How to purchase Airtime via KCB App & Pay bill
- How to transfer money from M-PESA to a KCB account
- How to Open a KCB M-BENKI Account through MPESA
- What are the KCB – MPESA Charges
What does one require to get signed up on the service?
- For existing KCB Account holders, visit your nearest branch to register for mobile banking.
- For non-customers, go to your M-PESA, select Lipa na M-PESA, enter Paybill No. 522522 then under account number indicate your ID number starting with the word ID followed by your ID number for example ID12345678.
- You will receive an SMS notification with a one-time PIN which you must change to a 4 digit PIN immediately. Always keep your PIN secret and never share it with anybody.
- To access from the KCB APP, download it from your app store for Android, Windows, Blackberry or Apple and activate using the *522# PIN.
KCB Mobi services-Open to only KCB Customers via USSD *522# and KCB APP
- Mobile loans: You can request for a credit facility via Mobi loans, salary advance and Kopa bills and repay loans at your own convenience. Repayment periods range from minimum 1 month to maximum 6 months. Terms and Conditions apply
- Mobi Loan – You can access loans from Kshs. 100 to a max of Kshs. 100,000.
- Salary Advance – Get upto 1.5 times your Net pay. Loan limits are Kshs. 3000 upto Kshs. 100,000
- Kopa Bills – Get a short term loan towards paying off your bills. Loan limits range from Kshs. 100 upto Kshs. 100,000.
- Pay bills: Including DStv, GOtv, Zuku, Kenya Power pre-paid tokens, Kenya Power post-paid, Nairobi Water, Jumia and Jambo Jet.
- Bill presentment is available on DStv, GOtv, Zuku, KPLC postpaid, Jumia and Jambojet. Bill presentment gives the user the exact bill to pay for KPLC postpaid is dependent on usage therefore a customer upon entering the account number gets to view the exact amount that is due.
- Funds Transfer:
- From bank account direct to any M-PESA number.
- From M-PESA to a KCB account.
- To any KCB account.
- To any bank account.
- To any mobile number.
- Airtime purchase: for any number across Safaricom, Airtel and YU networks.
- Cash withdrawal: from any KCB Mtaani agent.
- Load cash: into any KCB credit or prepaid card.
- Balance Enquiry and statement.
- Simba Points– Customers sign up onto the loyalty program where they can redeem points.
KCB App Features
KCB boasts of a unique App user experience with multi-functional capabilities focusing on not only the conventional mobile banking facilities but with a holistic lifestyle driven approach to an individual. This includes investment advice and lifestyle features like latest news, sports and social media linkages.
Other features open to KCB both customers and non customers
- My Stocks-You have a view of all stocks listed on the Nairobi stock exchange.
- Net worth calculator-You can calculate the value of their stocks listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
- Forex Rates-You can view the exchange rates for all major currencies i.e. Euro, British Pound, Japanese Yen and South African rand as per the updates from the Nairobi Stock exchange.
- Currency Converter-A currency converter calculator.
- Properties-You can have a view of all the latest properties in the market as registered on the KCB Mortgage portal.
- News-You can access all the latest news on business, sports and lifestyle features.
- Overview of KCB products and Request for a KCB Product-You can view all the bank’s products and request for more information.
- Loan calculator-You can inquire and calculate loan repayment rates.
- Secured Messaging-Direct secured messaging to KCB.
- Budget Tracker-Charts and graphs to visualize and analyze spending and account activity.