PROJECT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is seeking a highly community-focused, impact-driven, and creative project manager to join their team in Nairobi, Kenya. The company believes in global health equity made possible through well-connected, coordinated health systems. Their technologies leverage low-cost mobile platforms and connect people at every level of the health system – from clinicians to community health workers to patients.
This particular Project Manager position is highly cross-functional and will require coordination across several groups within the company including partnerships, software development, research, data analytics, and business intelligence.
· Direct and manage partner engagement and project development.
· Define project plans, goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
· Proactively manage project changes, identify potential issues & devise contingency plans.
· Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
· Coordinate communication between the team members and partner organizations.
· Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (includes but not limited to East Africa Regional Manager, Field Manager, Chief Technology Officer, project software developer, Senior Designer and clinical research manager) and other project stakeholders (includes but not limited to partner organization’s project manager, community leaders, community members, chief medical information officer, IT department, project staff in-country).
· Coordinate software development, software testing and execution of clinical trials, data analysis, publication, result dissemination, & adoption of the company’s tools by other organizations.
· Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
· BA/BS in a technical degree, with 4 years of relevant analytical work experience in project management. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
· Proven experience managing projects and leading cross-functional teams located around the globe in different time zones.
· Fluency in English (written and oral)
· Legal ability to work in Kenya (valid work permit) & passport
· BA/BS degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, economics or finance).
· Very strong project management skills.
· Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills; adept at learning new internal tools and systems and driving or designing improvements.
· Fluency in Swahili (written and oral)
· Strong organizational, determination and planning skills.
· Work experience in the health sector is an added advantage.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision.
· Ability to work with a distributed team on a self-directed work schedule.
· Ability to learn how to use new technology proficiently.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as Project Manager 1793, Your Full name & Phone number.
When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Normal SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.