The position holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance and quality of programs to standards and core minimums outlined in the revised Country Strategy Paper (CSP) and Accountability Learning and Planning Systems (ALPS); Work with program, policy and campaigns to identify and build capacity of staff in Human Rights Based Approach h (HRBA) Women Rights, Accountability and Monitoring and Evaluation; Coordinate planning, budgeting, reviews as enshrined in ALPS; coordinate with respective departments for conducting evaluations of donor funded projects. The position also acts as the Security focal person for ActionAid Kenya as well as Secretary to Finance, Fundraising, Planning and program Committee of ActionAid Kenya Board.
The position will be reporting to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support development of programme frameworks for accountability
- Develop and contextualize tools for assessment of programme compliance
- Conducting programme quality audits for Local Rights Programmes (LRPs) /programme locations/ mission related units at least twice a year. Agree on management response and way forward and work with management to follow up on compliance
- Provide support to the Fundraising and Finance Planning Board Committee in organizing meetings, documenting proceedings and updating the committee as required.
Coordinating planning, reviews and reporting in line with ALPS
- Work with various unit heads to develop planning, reviews and reporting guidelines for the organization
- In collaboration with relevant units in the coordination of quality and timely planning, reviews and reporting
- Liaising with IS on planning, reviews and reporting guidelines and requirements
- Coordinate consolidation of country level plans and reports
Evidence of impact for accountability
- Support staff and local partners capacity building in accountability as a political process
- Identify sites or areas for evaluation and research to generate evidence of impact
- Documentation of best practices and lessons for wider sharing within the federation and for influencing policy and practice
Cordination of Human Rights Defenders work
- Facilitate safety of Human Rights Defenders through development and implementation of community support mechanisms
- Conduct necessary research and advocacy to influence enabling environment for Human Rights Defenders
Support for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support programs, policy & campaings in development of M & E frameworks for LRPs and projects
- Support baseline surveys, mid-term reviews and evaluations as necessary
- Make necessary follow-up to ensure review and evaluation of findings are taken on board
Central position for information management and sharing on mission related content.
- Liaise with Communication and Iinformation Technology Units to develop and maintain central filing storage of information
- Create learning hubs in ActionAid Kenya. K
Staff Security Focal Person
- Ensure staff safety through timely information sharing, capacity building and compliance to set out security guidelines
- Ensure AAIK receives updated security information through networks and membership to relevant organizations
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Masters’ degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University. ·Have at least seven (7) years experience in monitoring and evaluation of which at least three (3) years must have been with I/NGOs, Social Movement Group or comparable position with similar responsibilities · Possess qualifications in project management and/or M&E; · Good understanding of Human Rights Based Approach and Program Cycle Management
- Good understanding of Results Based Management ·Strong conceptual and analytical skills;· Self-motivated person able to work without supervision;· Excellent communication and drafting skills· Demonstrable versatility in use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, e-mail, and data management software ( e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS Epi Info, ENA for SMART, SQL); and · Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
To apply, click HERE to submit your application; for any queries, kindly direct the same to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: August 19, 2015
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.