How to Hard Reset all Infinix Smartphones
Hard reset is useful when:
- You want to flash a new custom ROM
- pattern lock or forgotten PIN.
- You experience intermittent crashes and lags
- You want to refresh the hardware because you haven’t done it for years
- The device freezes or is unresponsive – your last resort if you can’t access the system’s Settings
How to Factory Reset Infinix Smartphones
Open your App drawer
- Tap Settings
- Tap Back and Reset
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap Reset phone
After confirming the process, it would take a few minutes before the process is completed.
How to perform hard reset
Warning: Proceed with caution, hard reset or format Infinix smartphones, all data would be lost. Backup your device before carrying out the hard reset.
Make sure you back up all your files: either you transfer them to the SD Card, including your contacts and media files, or use a cloud backup.
Note: Export your contacts to the SD Card as backup so you can restore them after the reset.
Note: The steps below are on how to hard reset Infinix Zero, Infinix Hot, Infinix Hot Note X551, Infinix X351, Infinix X401, Infinix X350, Infinix X560, Infinix Zero 2 X509 and more though for other other Android phones, the steps are similar except for the hardware buttons to access the boot screen.
In few easy steps, you can format or hard reset all Infinix android smartphones. This way you can troubleshoot, fix, or repair infinix smartphones that has have: Wrong pattern or forgotten PIN.
Hard Reset Infinix Smartphones – Buttons (Shortcuts)
- Turn off Infinix smartphones
- Press and together the Volume Up + Home Button + Power simultaneously and wait for a moment.
- Then press the power button until the phone vibrates and release all the buttons.
- Use the Volume buttons to select “Wipe data/factory reset” from Infinix recovery screen
- Confirm the process
- Select “Yes” using the power button.
- Wait for a while and the phone will reboot. You’ll see the menu again and select, “Reboot system now.”
- You’ll see this on the screen after the reboot; wait for a moment to set up the device and enter your account details.
Your you can now restore the files in the external Memory card and SIM. You can restore your contacts by importing them from either Google contacts and your phone will be as fast as it was when new.
Hard reset is another way to refresh your Smartphone. What’s the difference between Hard reset and factory reset? For a one-time data wipe-out, the functions are the same; it’s another way to perform a factory reset using the buttons (shortcuts) if you can’t access the system’s Settings due to pattern lock or forgotten PIN. Hard reset is just a part of Factory Reset. But at the end, whether it’s Factory Reset or Hard Reset, all of your data can be deleted.
Let me know how it goes with your device, you can SMS or Whatsapp me on: 0711 552 531 for further recommendations and assistance.
Have something to add to this story? Do so in the comments and share this story with your friends.